Monday 21 March 2011

Willy Russell

My Willy Russell figure has been on display in Liverpool City Centre for 8 whole weeks. I'm very proud to have been chosen to display my portrait and to also receive an email from the man himself showing his gratitude, yet concern for the positioning of his character outside McDonalds on Whitechapel, being a vegetarian of course. I agree that the location probably isn't ideal, but i'm not going to complain. Some passers-by were quite amused by me posing to have my photograph taken with a lamp post and asked why.... I had to point out the art work 6 ft above me. I just hope that the exhibition inspired people to find out more about Liverpool, and maybe take an interest in my city's wonderful contribution to the world of Arts, Sport, Politics, Science and entertainment.




No comments: